- Serves 4 people
- Preparation 15 minutes
- Cooking time 6-8 minutes
- Not Suitable for Vegetarians
- 2 x 120g sachets Amoy sweet thai chilli stir fry sauce
- 4 tsp Amoy light soy sauce
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 small pakchoi, thinly sliced
- 150g beansprouts
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 32 (approximately 300g) peeled raw kingprawns
- 2 limes, each cut into 12 wedges
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 x 25cm wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
Asian Coleslaw With Thai Chilli Prawn Skewers
King Prawn skewers with a crunchy Asian coleslaw with a hint of Amoy sweet thai chilli stir fry sauce. Quick and easy, great for BBQ's.
Tip: For a little more heat, top with sliced red chilli when serving.
- In a bowl mix together spring onions, carrots, pak choi, bean sprouts, Amoy light soy sauce, lime juice and one sachet of Amoy sweet thai chilli stir fry sauce.
- Meanwhile thread the prawns onto the skewers alternating with the lime wedges and brush with oil.
- Place over grey coals of a barbecue, turn often and brush with the remaining sachet of Amoy sauce until the prawns have turned pink and are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve the Asian coleslaw with the prawn skewers.